8 Ballerina TuTu Party Ideas That Won't Break The Bank
Your little girl is important to you. So of course you want to make her tutu Birthday party nothing less than special. Many mom's and dad's find that the Birthday party of their little girl's dreams can cost a small fortune. Money spent that can otherwise be set aside to begin her college tuition fund.
No need to fret. VG Invites has some solutions for your party needs that won't break the bank. Lets take a look at how you can have an amazing tutu Birthday party while still being frugal.
1. Little Girl's Love To Play Dress Up: Make tutus and crowns for each girl attending your party, If you are crafty, this can be a great party favor for your Birthday girl's guests.
2. Food: As you may have guessed, food is my favorite part of any celebration. I love to cook and I enjoy entertaining. However, aside from the venue, food can be one of the most expensive parts of throwing a party. However, you can easily cut the cost of food at a kid's party with these simple tips. Make it a pot luck event. Supply the burgers and hot dogs, and ask family members to bring a side dish. Buy your hot dogs, burgers, and buns in bulk. This will save you a lot of money. Or you can skip the meal and just serve snacks, chips, and of course, lets not forget the Birthday cake.
3. Speaking of Venue: When and where? These are the first and most important questions that you need to answer when planning your little girl's party. If it is summer time or you live in a part of the country where the climate is warmer, consider your local public park. Many parks have a designated picnic area that is perfect for hosting a family party. If a park is not an option, consider having your party at home or a family member's home.
4. The Guest List: The guest list for your Birthday party will naturally affect the cost of your event. The more people you plan to invite, the more seating and food you will need. If you want to keep costs down, keep the guest list small. Perhaps only inviting family members and close friends.
5. Lets Not Forget The Invitations and Decorations: Part of throwing a fun party is the decorations and invitations. But they can eat up a good portion of your funds. Choose a color and theme for your child's party and stick to it. Since we are talking about a tutu ballerina themed party you might consider these pretty invitations and bunting with some hot pink and white balloons.
If you are short on time and need to get your invites out right away, instantly download your invitation like the one above for $9. ♥ VG Invites has taken all the hard work out of creating your invitations. The image you see is on the file. All you have to do is type in your details, save and print from home or your local copy center. To keep things simple the font and sizes of text are set. The only work you need to do is add your personal information. If you would like a customized file I am happy to help. Visit www.diyInvitationDivas.etsy.com for more information. Or you may order printed invitations at www.zazzle.com/vginvites
6. Fun and Games: Fun and games are a fairly traditional part of a Birthday party. So if it is your wish to go with tradition, I have an old favorite that won't cost a lot, if anything at all. Musical chairs will add life to any ballerina's tutu party. If you have never played this game as a child, I will wonder a tiny bit about you. Just kidding. The game is simple. All you need are kids, music, and chairs. Have one less chair than there are children. When the music plays the children dance around the chairs. When it stops, everyone has to sit in a chair. The one who is out has to stand aside. Then you take one chair away and repeat the process until there is one kid left. I loved this game as a kid and remember that it kept me and my friends entertained for hours.
7. Getting By With Help From Friends: Most likely, at least one other person in your family has thrown a child's Birthday party. It stands to reason, then, that they probably know a little something about planning a party. You might even have a talented musician or magician in your family who is willing to chip in their skills to save you some money. Don't be shy about asking for help from your loved ones, as they might be delighted to help.
8. Let Them Eat Cake: What little girl doesn't love Birthday cake? And what Birthday party would be complete without one? The Birthday cake is the highlight of the whole party. The cake of your dreams doesn't have to cost a small fortune. Here are some suggestions. You can buy a cake mix, frosting, sprinkles and candles. Have dad take the guest of honor out for a few hours while you and the siblings work on baking and decorating the cake. It is a fun family project that you all will enjoy. If you are strapped for time, look to your local supermarket or bakery for a pre-made cake.
If you follow these tips, your child's Birthday party doesn't have to drain your bank account. Do you have ideas for saving money on a child's Birthday party? VG Invites would love to hear them. Won't you share them in the comments section below?
Weddings are all about love, celebration, and the perfect signature cocktail. Am I right? I went in search of some wonderfully unique cocktail recipes that are sure to take you straight to the islands. In today's post I am sharing with you my personal favorite signature cocktail ideas that you can use for your tropical themed wedding reception or cocktail party.
Tropical Rum Margarita
Squirt of Lime Juice
1 ounce Agave Nectar
1.5 Ounce Captain Morgan Cannon Blast Rum
3 Ounces Margarita Mix
In a Boston shaker add lime juice, agave nectar, rum, Margarita mix and ice. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds. Strain into a glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with fruit.
Ultimate Beach Cocktail
1 1/2 oz. Vodka
3/4 oz. Thai Basil and Black Peppercorn Syrup
3/4 oz. yuzu citrus (1/4 oz. yuzu juice and 1/2 oz. lemon juice)
2 1/2 oz. fresh-squeezed pomelo or grapefruite juice
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper Rim
To make the Thai Basil and black peppercorn syrup: In a saucepan, roast 1 tablespoon. whole black peppercorns plus 1/2 tablespoon cracked peppercorns over high heat for 6 minutes. Add 1 cup of water plus 1 cup of sugar. Stir and bring to a boil. Let cool. Add 7 stems of Thai Basil and let rest overnight. Strain syrup to remove peppercorns and basil.
Rim half of a Collins glass with salt and pepper. In a Boston shaker, combine all ingredients and shake for 10 seconds. Strain over fresh ice into Collins glass. Garnish with one sprig of Thai basil. Enjoy!
Pink Lemonade Jello Shots
2 Packets of Unflavored Gelatin
1 Cup Pink Lemonade
1/2 Cup Regular Vodka
1/2 Cup Lemon Vodka
Cut lemons in half and scoop out the insides. Heat the lemonade in a pan over medium heat and stir in the packets of gelatin slowly until they dissolve. Add the lemonade and gelatin mixture to a pourable container. Pour in vodkas. Stir until combined. Place lemon halves into a muffin tin to keep them upright. Pour in the liquid until each half is full and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Slice into slices right before serving.
Are you planning a tropical cocktail party? Perhaps you will like these pretty party invitations.
Winter Wonderland Party Planning Ideas
VG Invites LOVES winter Birthdays. Perhaps that is because my Birthday is in January. I have fond memories of sledding in the back yard with family and friends or ice skating at my Uncle Sam's pond. Afterward we would enjoy a warm cut of hot chocolate and pop corn popped in the fire place.
Is your lil snowflake having their first Birthday? How about a Winter Onederland theme. For expecting mom's a baby shower in "Winter Wonderland" theme makes the perfect party idea. Or you might like an "It's Snow Much Fun" winter party theme. There are lots of ideas. Too many to mention in one blog post. We hope to share a few to help you get your creative juices flowing for your frozen event.
EASY TO MAKE SPARKLY SNOWFLAKE TOPPERS: Learn how you can make a snowflake topper for your winter themed Birthday party, bridal, or baby shower. VG Invites discovered this great idea on CakeJournal. Their step-by-step description is easy to follow and well worth checking out. Check it out here >>
Catch My Party created this magnificent Frozen themed Birthday party idea. You will be in awe when you see all of their magical photos and how they transformed this home into a winter wonderland. To see more visit CatchMyParty.com
And what little princess wouldn't die for this sweet pink first birthday cake found on Style Me Pretty Living? VG Invites just loves Style Me Pretty and all of the beautiful photography on their site. If you haven't already, visit them. You will to. Photography by Palette Of Light and Birthday cake is by Sweet Mandy B's
It's Snow Much Fun To Be One! This little snowflake invitation and party decor set comes in pink and mint green polka dot for a girl's Birthday party. Are you throwing a boy's winter themed Birthday party or shower? It can be customized in baby blue for a little boy. If you love this design, you may order them on VG Invites on Etsy or VG Invites on Zazzle.
Melted Snowman Water Bottle Label Templates can be printed on Avery Labels or you can order printed labels from VG Invites on Zazzle
This Let It Snow bunting is the perfect compliment to your party theme. It can be used for Birthday parties or winter baby showers. Order yours at www.vginvites.etsy.com
This lace and rosette gold princess crown is simply darlin. We couldn't resist sharing it with our audience. It sells for $12.50 by Ruffles & Bowties Bowtique.
Warm things up with a hot cocoa bar. For a girl's theme use pink marshmallows and blue for a boys. This is the perfect idea for both kid's Birthdays and baby showers. We found this on Suzanne Davis' Pinterest Board
VG Invites has gone in search of the best winter birthday party and celebrations so that you don't have to. To get more great ideas visit VG Invites on Pinterest or click here.
Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.
We would love to hear your ideas for a winter themed Birthday party. Won't you share them below.